Pages

Sunday 25 November 2012

Books I want to read!

I'm already counting down to Christmas! I'm really looking forward to finally getting a Kindle (reading books on my iPhone plays havoc with my eyesight!) so I can read all the great e-books I'm planning to buy with my Christmas money! Yep, that's basically my list: Kindle + money for books. Of course, all I really want for Christmas is a publishing contract for my Darkworld book series, but alas, that isn't something you can put in a stocking. So I just wait in hope...

Anyway, I've decided to post a list of five of the books I want to read, when I finally have money (the joys of being a poor student who can barely afford bus fare, let alone books *sniff*)!

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
Goodreads description: Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.
That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.
Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

I really, really want to read this. I love the Iron Fey series and was thrilled to learn that Julie Kagawa was releasing a follow-up, focusing on Meghan's little brother Ethan, all grown up! This looks like a fantastic read and I'll be buying this as soon as it's released!

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Goodreads description: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

Delirium has been on my list for ages but I just haven't had the money to buy books to read for fun (waaah!). Looking forward to finally reading it!

The Blemished (Blemished #1)
Goodreads description: A beautiful world comes at a price...
In a world filled with stunning clones Mina Hart is Blemished. Her genes are worthless and that takes away her rights: her right to an Education, her right to a normal life and her right to have a child.
Mina keeps a dangerous secret which she never thought she could share until she meets Angela on her first day at St Jude's School. But their friendship is soon complicated by Angela’s adoptive brother Daniel. Mina finds herself drawn to his mysterious powers and impulsive nature. Then there is the gorgeous clone Sebastian who Mina is forbidden from even speaking to…
The Blemished is a frightening take on a fractured future where the Genetic Enhancement Ministry have taken control of Britain. It will take you on a ride filled with adventure, romance and rebellion.

I read the first few chapters of this on Authonomy a while ago, and I absolutely loved it - it's a great take on dystopia, and I'd love to finally get to read the whole book!

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
Goodreads description: Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.
Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.
Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.

I've seen this book around a lot lately, and it caught my eye as it seems such a cool idea! I've been starving for an original fantasy read, and this looks like something I'll enjoy!

Black City (Black City, #1)
Goodreads description: In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.
When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

Another book I've seen floating around the Blogosphere. It looks intriguing, so I think I'll give it a read!

5 comments:

  1. Black City sounds intense! Might have to give that one a read :P I'm a new follower from goodreads! :)
    http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna read The Lost Prince, I have heard such great things about it. I loved the idea or concept of Delirium but I just couldn't fall in love with it. I also just finished Black City, and I loved it! Very dark and intense :) All great books!!

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to The Lost Prince. :) And Black City sounds great - dark and intense sounds perfect for me! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Shadow and Bone is excellent. Delirium was a big disappointment for me, though. I'm curious to hear if you like it. And Black City is on my TBR pile too!

    ReplyDelete