Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Review - Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

Amazon
Amazon UK

I've been waiting for over a year to find out how Cassandra Clare’s fantastic Infernal Devices series turns out, and my expectations were high. But it was worth the wait, because Clockwork Princess is the perfect ending to the series!

Tessa is engaged to marry Jem, but feels torn in two as part of her still belongs to Will. Will struggles to hide his feelings for Tessa from his parabatai and closest friend, but when the demon poison to which Jem is bound begins to run out, they both fear they may lose him. Elsewhere, Mortmain is building his army of automatons to take down the Institute, and only one piece of his plan is missing: Tessa herself. It’s finally time for Tessa to learn the truth about what she is and why she was created, as Mortmain closes in on the Shadowhunters…

This is a long book, but I read it in only a few short hours – it’s that gripping! I wanted to know the fate of every character, and thankfully every storyline is rounded off nicely. There were so many twists I didn’t see coming, and Cassie constantly teases us and pulls on our emotions. I genuinely didn’t see how the love triangle could possibly resolved, and I was right that there’s a lot of heartache involved, but in the interests of avoiding spoilers, let me just say that the ending was just…perfect. There wasn’t anything I didn’t love about this book! This is definitely one of my favourite series of all time, and one I’ll certainly be rereading.

Rating: *****

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear! I just started Clockwork Angel. (Yeah, I'm behind.) But it looks like I have some great stuff to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to read this series. Happy this book was so good.

    ReplyDelete