Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Follow Fest 2014!

Blog button designed by Carrie Butler.
Name: Emma L. Adams

Fiction or nonfiction? 

Fiction. :)

What genres do you write? 

Fantasy, in all its various sub-genres! I mainly write contemporary fantasy with magic and monsters, for various audiences.

Are you published?

Yes - my upper-YA urban fantasy Darkness Watching is published by Curiosity Quills Press, and I've signed contracts for four sequels and a novella.

Do you do anything in addition to writing?


Tell us a little about yourself.

I live in the UK, and I'm a book-addicted literature graduate with an obsession with the written word! I also love gaming, anime, Studio Ghibli, The Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Sherlock, travelling (going to Iceland in two weeks!), and wandering around walking into furniture because I can't put down my Kindle.

I may also be a little eccentric.

What are you reading right now?

Right now I'm reading Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan, which will no doubt leave me in a crumpled sobbing heap on the floor.

Which authors influenced you the most?

Diana Wynne Jones is my literary heroine, and I love both her writing style and the fantastical worlds she creates. Other authors whose stories I love are J. K. Rowling (of course!), Philip Pullman, Neil Gaiman, Brandon Sanderson, Garth Nix, Cassandra Clare, Derek Landy... too many to count, really!

Where can people connect with you?

Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads (personal)
Google+
Pinterest
Tumblr

Author pages:
Goodreads
Amazon

Do you have a newsletter?

I do - you can sign up here! I don't send more than one every 1-2 months, but my subscribers are always the first to hear the latest news about my books and get to see the covers and teasers before anyone else does!

In fact, my next is scheduled to go out tomorrow, and I'll be sharing the cover for Walking Shadow (Darkworld #2) and an update on the series, as well as hinting at a VERY exciting announcement coming later this year! :)

Is there anything else you’d like us to know?

I post an author interview every other week here on the blog, so if you're a published or soon-to-be-published author, I'd love to interview you! The questions are here.

22 comments:

  1. Hi, Emma. Thanks for taking part in Follow Fest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, your work in publishing and editing sound like such a great fit with your writing. You sound like a very busy woman but your busyness, including a planned trip to Iceland, sounds fun. I was so intrigued by you based on your interview, I've zipped around the internet following, liking and otherwise connecting through many of the links you shared. I just joined Follow Fest this morning. I'm thoroughly enjoying meeting and sharing with so many energetic and inspired new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait for newsletter news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I really love the cover for Darkness Watching!! Being eccentric is the way to be. Who wants to be normal anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you are one busy person. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently binge-watched all the seasons of Game of Thrones - I am so hooked! Have a wonderful trip to Iceland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iceland! Lucky you! I dream of going there someday. I also do the writer who edits /editor who writes dance. Tricky sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't figure out why I haven't read your novel yet. But I signed up for your newsletter so I won't forget. My TBR pile always seems to be bigger than I have time for. In fact, I'm holding off getting UNMADE until I've caught up a bit--and that's killing me. At some point, I'd love to do an interview with you at some point and interview you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip! Heard it's beautiful over there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll check out Darkness Watching! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool that you're with CQ, too. I'll be sure to check out your book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Emma, I love your book cover! Great to meet a fellow paranormal author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Emma, nice to meet you!! Wow that's quite a book deal, Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Emma, I really look forward to reading your books. I'd love to do an interview as well. I'll have to get that out to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You cover is great! What a cool list of authors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on Darkness Watching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Emma! Congratulations on signing the rest of your series! I'm also a Sherlock and vintage Dr. Who fan of old. Nice to meet you through Follow Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm already a follower, but I'm playing catch-up with Follow Fest. Great to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emma, Darkness Watching has a magnificent cover. Have another friend published with CQP and her covers are great too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's nice meeting you through the Follow Fest. Great idea to have a newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Diana Wynne Jones is the best! I'm so glad to meet somebody else who shares my love of her omg.

    <3

    ReplyDelete