Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Currently...

It's time for another fortnightly "Currently..." update about what I'm doing right now! :)

Loving

Finally experiencing the awesomeness that is Mad Max: Fury Road. Reading all the fabulous entries to the Pitch to Publication contest in my inbox this week. And of course, words and books and shiny new ideas. :D

Reading

Recently, I've read:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - so good!
Fairest by Marissa Meyer - finally! I was waiting for the Kindle version to become available on Amazon UK.
I'm still rereading my favourite fantasy books - this time, it was Graceling, The Emperor's Blades and The Way of Kings.

Watching

I watched Jurassic World, which was a lot of fun. I was considerably less freaked out than when I first saw the original films (the T-Rex rampaging around the streets left quite an impression on nine-year-old Emma. :P). And I finally saw Mad Max: Fury Road, which was every bit the epic experience I was promised (I've been watching everyone rave about it for weeks!).

I'm also watching Avatar: The Legend of Korra, and really enjoying it.

Listening to

Still listening to epic music - Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Future World Music, Assassin's Creed soundtracks...

Thinking about

My WIP! I'm having a lot of fun with these characters.

I also started making notes for another epic fantasy series, because I had a random inspiration blitz the other day and couldn't resist. I was in the mood to plan something epic and world-spanning like the Alliance series...

...until yesterday, when I had to switch my focus to the Pitch to Publication contest. Now I'm thinking about how difficult it is to pick one entry. So much talent in my inbox! :)

Anticipating

I'm judging the Pitch to Publication contest this week and there are some great entries, so I'm excited to work with a fabulous author! I'm also looking forward to meeting up with writer friends in London this weekend. :)

Wishing

I could decide which entry to pick in the contest. :P I also wish I had a clone, because clashing time zones mean I'm having difficulty switching off.

Making me happy

Shiny new fun ideas! :D Maybe I'm a workaholic, but the fun early stages of potential projects really don't feel like work. They're the adult (well, sort of :P) writerly equivalent of scribbling all over a page with crayons. If I'm not crazy-excited about an idea, then I can't even start writing it (I actually realised the other day that I'm writing my 22nd novel, and I've never actually lost interest in an idea once I started writing the book!). So I'm spending my limited free time exploring possible worlds, and loving it! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment